We know the designated cook of the family always takes pride in their Thanksgiving Day turkey (Scott definitely does) so you probably already have a go-to Turkey recipe. But just incase you don't, or maybe you just want to switch things up this year, we're sharing Scott's tried and tested Maple Chipotle Turkey Recipe. Not only is it super simple, but it makes an excellent super juicy bird every time.
We actually call it our KISS method, and it's a great recipe you can make without a bunch of special equipment, hard-to-find ingredients, or crazy cooking processes. Your family and friends will say it's delicious and it's only a three-step process that results in the best Thanksgiving turkey.
- 1 turkey 16-20lbs
- 2lbs sea salt
- Bearded Butcher Blend Seasoning Chipotle
- 2-3lbs butter
- Bearded Butcher Blend Pure Ohio Maple Syrup
- 2 gal cold water
- Make a brine by stirring cold water and salt until dissolved.
- Immerse the turkey breast side down. Brine the turkey for one hour per pound.
- Remove from brine and drain, pat dry, do not rinse.
- Mix maple syrup and butter in a small bowl until combined. Add Chipotle seasoning to taste.
- Use brine injector to inject marinade into the meat of the turkey.
- Sprinkle the skin with seasoning.
- Preheat grill or oven to 350 degrees. Place the bird on the rack and place the whole thing into a roasting pan.
- Place on grill for 20 min per pound, basting three or four times with marinade. Turkey is cooked when internal temperature reaches 160-170 degrees in the thickest part.
- Let rest for 30 min before carving and serving.
And that's it! Super easy. If you want a little more of a breakdown and to see how to carve a turkey, you can watch this full demo video from Scott:
The Bearded Butchers are dedicated to providing as much information as we possibly can to help you understand how to best process and prepare meats of all kinds. To help you, we maintain a blog and Youtube channel with lots of free, high-quality information. The Bearded Butchers and Beardedbutchers.com are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This means that The Bearded Butchers may receive a commission if you click on a link above and make a purchase on Amazon.com.