Strawberry Rhubarb BBQ Ribs Recipe
Strawberry Rhubarb BBQ Ribs is something @Themontagne.Bbq highly recommends trying! Here is his easy to follow recipe:
What you'll need:
- Pork Ribs (St. Louis or baby back)
- Beard Butcher Blend Seasoning Chipotle
- Bearded Butcher Blend BBQ Sauce (now in a new 21.5oz squeeze bottle!)
- 1lb diced Rhubarb
- 1lb diced strawberries
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
Here's how to make it:
- In a heavy saucepan over medium heat add water and sugar, mix and dissolve sugar into water.
- Add in Rhubarb and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender.
- Add in strawberries and simmer on medium/low heat for another 10 minutes. Using a heavy-duty whisk or masher, mash & combine everything to a smooth consistency.
- Simmer for an additional 20 minutes then reduce in half, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool completely. The sauce should thicken up – you can cover and place it in the refrigerator to speed this up.
- Trim and season your ribs with Chipotle and cook using your favorite method. I went with the 3-2-1 method on my Ironwood 885 using their signature blend pellets.
- Sauce the ribs for the last 15-20 minutes of the cook time.
**TIP: For your sauce I found a 2-1 ratio tastes the best. That's 2 parts of the strawberry Rhubarb sauce to 1 part BBQ sauce.
Any extra strawberry Rhubarb sauce left over makes for a great topping over ice cream or other various desserts!