Craving some Italian food? Here's a different take on meatball parmesan. It's a relatively easy recipe that you'll just have to throw in your smoker for a few hours. Let us know if you try it!
- 3lbs ground beef
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp Bearded Butcher Blend Seasoning Original
- 24 ounces marinara sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- finely chopped parsley or basil to garnish (optional)
- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees – use a super smoke option if available.
- Combine ground beef, eggs, parmesan, bread crumbs, and our Original blend by hand in a large mixing bowl.
- Once everything is well mixed, use 1/4 measuring cup to portion out the meat and roll into balls.
- Add meatballs directly to the grates and smoke until the internal temperature reaches 155 degrees Fahrenheit which should take approximately 1 hour and ten minutes.
- Add 24 ounces marinara of your choice to a large cast iron skillet.
- Transfer meatballs to the skillet with marinara and place the skillet in smoker and increase the temperature to 250 degrees. Let meatballs simmer for 50 minutes.
- Sprinkle 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese over the meatballs. Smoke for an additional five minutes or until the cheese has melted.
- Garnish with desired amount of finely chopped parsley or basil and enjoy.