Sweet and Smokey Hollywood Pork Butt Recipe
Craving some savory pork butt with a blend of sweet herbs and cane sugar? Check out this easy recipe featuring our Hollywood Blend.
- 1 bone-in pork shoulder (size of your choice)
- 2 cups apple juice, in a food-grade spray bottle
- Bearded Butcher Hollywood Blend
- Aluminum foil
- 1 half-size aluminum steam pan
- Coat pork shoulder generously with Bearded Butcher Hollywood Blend ensuring all sides are well coated. Set aside during preheat time and allow meat to sweat out.
- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees Fahrenheit – use super smoke option if available.
- Place pork shoulder into smoker with fat side down.
- Spritz meat every 45-60 minutes with apple juice until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Transfer pork shoulder to the foil pan. Add 1 cup of apple juice to the pan and wrap the pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Place wrapped pan back in the smoker and increase the temperature to 275 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Allow to cook until internal temperature reaches 204 degrees Fahrenheit at the thickest part without the thermometer touching the bone.
- Remove the pan from the smoker and open the foil, allow to vent until it stops steaming (approximately 5-10 minutes). This will stop the cooking process.
- Once no more steam is visible, seal the foil back and place the pan in an unlit oven to rest for 45-60 minutes.
- While wearing lined or heat-resistant gloves, carefully remove and discard the bone. Shred meat using gloved hands or shredding claws. Remove and discard any chunks of fat during this process.
- Serve on a bun, topped with your favorite bbq sauce (we recommend our Bearded Butcher Blend BBQ Sauce) and enjoy!