This is my go-to Chili recipe with a twist. This cooking method will help you add some delicious smoke flavor to your Chili. I cooked this on my Big Green Egg indirectly with mesquite wood chunks, but this can be done on any grill as long as you can place a rack over the cooking vessel. Do yourself a favor and get yourself an enameled cast iron Dutch Oven. They are incredible for cooks like this.
Follow the recipe below!
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 tablespoons Bearded Butcher Brock Lesnar Blend Seasoning
- 1 16 oz can kidney beans, rinsed
- 3 14.5 oz cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 large sweet onion coarsely chopped
- 1 large green pepper coarsely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 3 tablespoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, mix ground beef and Bearded Butcher Brock Lesnar Blend Seasoning until well incorporated. Form into one large burger patty and set aside.
- In a large enameled cast iron Dutch Oven add in all other ingredients and stir together.
- Get your grill to between 275-300°F.
- Place the dutch oven with the chili mix on the grill uncovered. Rest a rack over the Dutch Oven and place the giant burger patty on top over the chili mix. Cook for 30-45 minutes.
- Bring the grill temp up to 350°F and cook until the burger reaches an internal temperature between 145-155°F.
- Remove from grill, crumble and add burger into chili mixture.
- Place back on the grill for another 30 minutes.
The Bearded Butchers are dedicated to providing as much information as we possibly can to help you understand how to best process and prepare meats of all kinds. To help you, we maintain a blog and Youtube channel with lots of free, high-quality information. The Bearded Butchers and Beardedbutchers.com are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This means that The Bearded Butchers may receive a commission if you click on a link above and make a purchase on Amazon.com.