Smoked Cream Cheese Jalapeno Popper Chicken Thighs Recipe
Looking for a new recipe to test out? Check out this one from @themontagne.bbq on Instagram:
- 6 jalapeno peppers
- 6 boneless/skinless thighs
- 12 slices of bacon
- 1 block of cream cheese
- 1 1/2 cup shredded Colby jack cheese
- Your favorite Bearded Butcher Blend Seasoning
- Start with seasoning and smoking your block of cream cheese. I seasoned this one with Bearded Butcher Blend Cajun and smoked at 225 degrees on super smoke for 2 hours. Pull from grill & let cool.
- Cut the tops off your jalapeños and then slice down one side lengthwise without cutting it in half. Scoop out the hot stuff (seeds & veins).
- Mix the smoked cream cheese and Colby jack cheese together in a bowl. Use a spoon to fill the inside of the jalapeños.
- Open up a chicken thigh, place a stuffed jalapeño in the middle, and wrap the thigh around it. Take 2 slices of bacon and wrap them around the stuffed thigh. Season them with more of the seasoning you used to smoke the cream cheese.
- Cook at 400 degrees until they reach an internal temperature of 165 degrees and the bacon is cooked to your liking.
***Tip: the jalapeños will still have a crunch to them. If you would prefer them to be tender, prep them beforehand and place them on the grill while you smoke the cream cheese. Pull and let cool once they have softened.