Sweet & Savory Hollywood Pork Belly Burnt Ends Recipe
Who doesn't start drooling when there's a plate of crispy, juicy, and smokey burnt ends sitting on the table? While burnt ends used to be Friday night specialties in BBQ joints as a way to make a little money off of leftover scraps, now we see people going out of their way specifically for a crispy, burnt end sandwich. Today we’re sharing our favorite sweet and savory pork belly burnt ends recipe from our friend @bbq.n.bows so that you can have that perfect sandwich without having to leave your home.
- 2 lbs of pork belly
- 2 cups Apple juice in a food grade spray bottle
- Bearded Butcher Blend Seasoning Hollywood
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp honey
- 1/2 cup of Bearded Butcher Blend BBQ Sauce
- Aluminum foil
- Half-size foil pan
- Cut pork belly into one inch cubes.
- Preheat smoker to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. Use the super smoke option if available.
- Coat pork belly cubes generously with Bearded Butcher Hollywood rub ensuring all sides are well coated.
- Place pork belly cubes in a single layer spaced apart on a wire cooling rack that has been sprayed with non-stick spray.
- Place the cooling rack into the Traeger at 225 degrees for three hours. Spritz with apple juice every hour.
- Remove cooling rack from the Traeger and transfer the pork belly cubes to the foil pan. Mix the pork belly with butter and honey and cover the pan with aluminum foil.
- Increase the temperature to 250 degrees Fahrenheit and place foil pan back into the Traeger for one hour.
- Remove the aluminum foil cover and top with barbecue sauce of your choice. Mix well and smoke for 45 minutes.
- Remove from the Traeger, allow to cool for 15 minutes and enjoy!