One of the most awesome experiences for our family was the opportunity for Seth Perkins to compete on the first season of the reality TV show “The Butcher” from the History Channel. The whole experience for us was nerve-racking and exciting. When we decided to create a spice blend to commemorate the moment, we knew we had to do something big and bold.
What we wanted to make was a seasoning blend that evoked big dreams and even bigger chances to do something new and different. This limited edition blend had to be something special.
What Does the Hollywood Blend Taste Like?
The Hollywood seasoning blend is like special effects for your mouth. It’s bold. It’s savory. It mesmerizes your taste buds. We started out with a blend of cane and brown sugar, added a little molasses and a fancy sweet herb mixture, then balanced the whole thing with garlic and onion. A little paprika adds a smoky note that gives all the sweetness a smooth toastiness.
This is a truly unique spice blend that stands up to strong flavors, like pork and beef, but it has enough flavor and pizzaz for more mild dishes, without being overpowering. Try it while it lasts because just like stardom, the Hollywood seasoning blend is limited.
Recipe Ideas Featuring Our Hollywood Blend
Almost Famous Seasoned Fries
- Cut several russet potatoes into strings and soak overnight.
- Rinse then pat dry.
- Fry the strings in hot oil (350-400 degrees) until golden brown, then spread on a paper towel-lined sheet.
- Coat with Hollywood blend and shake to fully cover.
These are great at parties, and a fan favorite for Thursday night football.
Sunset Pineapple Strips
- Peel and core a ripe pineapple, then cut crossways in half.
- Cut each half into long strips and arrange in rows on a plate.
- Sprinkle the pineapple with the Hollywood blend like a Los Angeles sunset.
Dip these in a sweet creme fraiche for a classy California treat no matter where you live.
Reality Roast Sweet Potatoes
- Wash and peel four to six sweet potatoes, then cut into even-size wedges.
- Place in a glass baking dish.
- In a saucepan, melt some butter and brown sugar, and add a good several spoonfuls of Hollywood blend in.
- Pour the mixture over the potatoes, then bake in an oven preheated to 350 degrees until tender and roasted, 35-40 minutes.
Tender, sweet, and savory, and so good you’ll wonder if they are real.
Traffic Jam Veggie Dip
This one is so simple, but it’s just amazing.
- Mix two tablespoons of the Hollywood blend into a cup of all-natural sour cream and stir.
- Let it rest in the refrigerator for at least 15 minutes, then stir.
- Serve with raw cauliflower, broccoli, peeled carrots, and other fresh vegetables.
Sit back and watch everyone trying to dip at once. It’s like driving on LA’s famous freeways at rush hour.
Two-Take Chicken Strips
- Slice boneless, skinless chicken breast into ½” strips lengthwise.
- Season with the Hollywood blend, then roll in cornstarch.
- Heat enough oil in a heavy skillet to cover the strips.
- Fry the strips in batches, avoiding overcrowding.
- Drain on a paper towel and sprinkle a little extra seasoning on there to kick up the flavor.
These chicken strips are so delicious, you’ll take two at a time.
Hollywood is Calling, Answer!
Our limited edition Hollywood seasoning blend is unique among our blends, and that’s the way we wanted it. Like a good movie, this blend will surprise you with unexpected twists and turns of flavor, and leave you hoping for a sequel. Every time we grab this seasoning in our kitchen, it takes us back to the thrilling, exciting time when the Bearded Butcher went to Hollywood.