Sweet & Savory Hollywood Baby Back Ribs Recipe
Ready for some sweet and savory Hollywood baby back ribs? Check out this recipe from our friend @grillin.good.eats:
- pork ribs
- Bearded Butcher Blend Seasoning Hollywood
- mustard or oil (optional)
- 1 can Dr. Pepper or apple cider vinegar
- brown sugar (optional)
- 6 Tablespoons butter (optional)
- honey (optional)
- Bearded Butcher Blend BBQ Sauce (optional)
- Remove the membrane from the back of the ribs if it hasn't been done already. If unsure how to do this, YouTube is a great resource – we briefly go over it in a portion of our pork ribs video.
- Next, season the ribs with Bearded Butcher Blend Seasoning Hollywood. Optionally, a binder like mustard or oil can be used.
- Preheat the smoker to 225°F while the seasoned ribs are allowed to sweat out for 15-20 minutes.
- Toss the ribs on the smoker bone down for the first hour. Use super smoke if available. Lightly spritz the ribs every 45-60 minutes. A Dr. Pepper or a 50/50 mixture of apple cider vinegar and water make great spritz combinations.
- After the first hour, turn the temperature up to 250°F for the next 3 hours, and continue spritzing periodically.
- After 3 hours have passed, choose whether or not to wrap the ribs. The total cooking time will be the same either way.
- If you like more bite, with a little pull off the bone don't wrap. Just add another hour at 250°F and skip the next step.
- If you want more tender, fall off the bone ribs, wrap in foil. Put the ribs meat down into a thin bed of brown sugar, a couple pads of butter, and a few stripes of honey. After the ribs are wrapped, put them back on the smoker for another hour at 250°F, meat down.
- Once that hour has passed, unwrap and/or sauce, and finish the ribs with 20 minutes at 275°F.
- Remove from smoke, rest 10 minutes and enjoy!